About Me

My photo
I am married to an amazing man, Bill. We have a baby boy named Owen who is our whole world! I am a teacher. I have a Shi Tzu named Cash who definately helps to complete our family. Bill is a Carpenter and a full time student at night. We are very active and play on several different sports leagues. I Chair Relay for Life for St. Francois County adn do Activities for Madison and Iron Counties. I also am President-Elect of the Southeast Region of Missouri State Teacher's Association. We definately stay busy! Bill loves to fish and be out doors. I love waking up with him in my life every day!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Campers now and Forever! Like it or Not!!!





















Today my husband brought home a pop up camper and parked it in our yard (right beside the F150 Truck he brought home as his newest project about a month ago). The words "Fixer-Upper" give this pop up more credit than it deserves. Much, much more credit! This new "project" has become my problem as I am the woman of the house and the sewing and crafting rests upon my shoulders. I say this because I heard the phrase "Babe, you can sew this, right?" and "Hey Babe, we can recover/clean/replace this right?" As if I am not busy enough, now I have a very large craft project to tackle. And those who know me know that once I decide I am doing something, there is no stopping me. (One major problem, I am not nearly as crafty with a sewing machine as my husband's imagination gives me. Another problem, kinda forgot where my sewing machine disappeared to!)




If I am being honest, the camper project is my own fault. I have wanted one for a long time and my fortune (big exaggeration on the word fortune) is that my husband's background is filled with extensive experience in trading. Now, I am not sure if many of you dabble in trading but you seldom get high quality stuff this way. (I will say that we have gotten many good things this way including our floors, cabinets and an ac unit off the top of my head.)





The NEED for a camper came earlier this year when we decided to take our son, Owen, camping for the first time. You can not imagine how much fun it was to be up all hours of the night with an 19 month old little boy who thought a tent was the coolest thing since Coco Puffs and spent the entire night up and running around the tent. After this, my husband had his mind set on a camper.



When he first rolled in with it, I was impressed! His description had been "A Tent on Wheels". But this pop up was actually pretty nice. And then he popped it up and out! (No offense but the tent is looking AWESOME right now!





Of course, I can't tell him any of this (though I am pretty sure the look of scepticism across my face throughout the process probably gave me away) because he does try so hard. So instead I will buck up and redo the inside while he does damage control on the outside. However, this experience has made me wonder. Do they have a show called "Extreme Camper Make-Over" or "Mobile Overhaul". If so, can someone please sign me up! (Also if anyone is interested in making me some curtains and cushion covers let me know and God Bless You!!! ---- I will buy the fabric!)

No comments:

Background